26 novembre 2013
Servcorp Selects Equinix to Expand Business in Asia-Pacific
L'entreprise réduit ses coûts liés à la mobilité de 60 % ainsi que ses dépenses d'investissement
Sydney, Australia - November 27, 2013 - Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that Servcorp, an Australian-based multinational organization that sells serviced office space, virtual office products and IT services, has expanded its footprint in Asia-Pacific with Equinix, to launch its new mobile VoIP product, Servcorp OneFone.
The deployments in Equinix's International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in Australia, Japan and Singapore give Servcorp a choice of ideal network service providers in each region, saving on costs and ensuring consistent performance while expanding into new markets.
Principaux faits de l'annonce
- Servcorp OneFone is a mobile application which allows customers to be contacted on a local telephone number via a cellular network. Through Equinix's global footprint and network-dense data centers, latency is significantly reduced and quality of service is enhanced as hops are reduced during VoIP routing. With nearly 30% of Servcorp's customer base using the application to establish a presence in new markets, they have reduced mobility costs by up to 60%.
- One of the advantages of deploying in Equinix is the carrier neutrality, a key decision in choosing a data center for Servcorp. Through partnering with best-of-breed solution providers for cloud services, managed services, compliance, and security, Equinix is in a unique position to simplify and accelerate complex global deployments for its customers.
- Reducing its infrastructure requirements resulted in a 50% decrease in ICT capital expenditure per site for Servcorp, creating additional space which can now be sold to customers. The consolidation within Equinix has also resulted in a 30% reduction in data communications costs.
- Equinix's established business ecosystems include over 450 cloud partners and 950 network providers, 600 IT service providers and world class facilities to deliver major benefits.The Equinix Marketplace has provided Servcorp with access to over 4,400 customers. This enables Servcorp to sell services to other Equinix customers and find best-in-breed service providers to help support the growth of Servcorp's business.
- Daniel Kukucka, chief technology officer, Servcorp:
« Les avantages offerts par Equinix faisaient de ce prestataire le meilleur choix possible. Du point de vue des coûts, nous avons réalisé des économies sur le coût de nos investissements en capitaux ainsi que sur les coûts liés à la mobilité. Une meilleure homogénéité à travers l'ensemble de nos régions d'exploitation ainsi que des connexions flexibles aux opérateurs dédiés ont rendu cela possible. Grâce à la couverture mondiale d'Equinix, nous sommes parfaitement positionnés pour la conquête de nouveaux marchés en Europe et au Moyen-Orient au cours des six prochains mois, et Equinix Marketplace nous permet en outre d'accéder à plus de 4 000 partenaires potentiels à mesure que nous poursuivons le développement de notre entreprise. »
- Eric Hui, directeur des infrastructures cloud, informatiques et d'entreprise, chez Equinix Asie-Pacifique :
"The partnership is a perfect fit, with Servcorp's business expansion goals aligning perfectly with our international footprint. Servcorp will have immediate access to cloud computing providers by colocating in Equinix data centers, and realise the benefits of a flexible IT infrastructure, supporting their aspirations in evolving Data Management, Network Optimization and Applications."
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,400 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.