26 août 2008
Knight Capital Group Selects Equinix to Expand Electronic Access and Trading Connectivity Choices for Clients
Equinix's New York Area Data Center Hub Offers Increased Access to Execution Venues
Foster City, CA — August 25, 2008 — Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the leading global provider of network-neutral data centers and Internet exchange services, today announced that Knight Capital Group, Inc. has established operations at Equinix's New York-4 (NY4) Internet Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center. The move will enable Knight, a leading provider of electronic and voice access to the capital markets, to take advantage of Equinix's best-of-breed colocation services to provide an additional low latency access node for clients of Knight's expanding portfolio of advanced market access and trade execution services across multiple asset classes.
Operating within Equinix's NY4 data center hub will allow Knight clients to choose from a broad array of high-bandwidth, low latency connectivity providers, enabling them to take advantage of a broad range of customized trade execution products and services. This will include direct connections to Knight's electronic access and trading offerings, such as the Hotspot FX foreign exchange ECN; Knight Direct EMS™, a broker-neutral electronic trading platform covering multiple asset classes; and Knight Link, dark access to Knight's internal liquidity.
Equinix's NY4 data center offers Knight's clients access via a broad array of telecom service providers which are vital to the electronic trading community. In addition, the cross-connect capability offered by the Equinix Financial eXchange solution provides an ideal platform for direct connection to Knight's technology infrastructure.
“Knight has an expanding array of electronic access and trading products and services available,” said Steve Sadoff, Senior Managing Director and Chief Information Officer, Knight Capital Group. “As we have grown the electronic side of our business and expanded our client base, the demand for colocation services has increased. Equinix's state-of-the-art New York area data center and wide array of global, regional and metro network providers significantly strengthen the connectivity choices available for our clients. Furthermore, Equinix's proven dependability and service will help Knight maintain its reputation for speed, dependability and consistent high-quality trade executions.”
“Our network-rich IBX centers ideally complement Knight's existing data center operations, and colocation in our New York area center will give their customers a high-performance connectivity platform with high speed, low latency connectivity and proximity to their core trading platforms,” said Steve Smith, president and CEO of Equinix. “We've invested significantly to make sure our IBX centers set the industry performance standard, so we're delighted when a leading financial services firm such as Knight selects Equinix for their colocation and proximity needs.”
Located near Equinix's existing NY2 center in Secaucus, NJ, the new NY4 center was opened in Q4 2007 after a multi-million dollar investment by Equinix in financial-grade quality and redundancy, as well as industry leading security, environmental control and power availability. The center is Equinix's largest in the U.S. to date at 340,000 square feet - the size of five football fields.
About Knight Capital Group
Knight Capital Group, Inc. is a leading financial services firm that provides electronic and voice access to the capital markets across multiple asset classes for buy-side, sell-side and corporate clients. In Global Markets, we provide market access and trade execution services in nearly every U.S. equity security and a large number of international securities, futures, options, foreign exchange and fixed income. In Asset Management, Knight owns a 51 percent stake in Deephaven Holdings with Deephaven Partners controlling the remaining 49 percent as of February 1, 2008. Deephaven (www.deephavenfunds.com) is a global, multi-strategy alternative investment manager serving institutions and private clients.
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix is the leading global provider of network-neutral data center and interconnection services, offering premium colocation, traffic exchange and outsourced IT infrastructure solutions. Global enterprises, content companies, systems integrators and network service providers look to Equinix Internet Business Exchange (IBX®) centers for world-class reliability and network diversity. Equinix IBX centers serve as critical, core hubs for IP networks and Internet operations worldwide. With 40 IBX centers located in 18 strategic markets across North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, Equinix enables customers to reliably operate their mission-critical infrastructure on a global basis.