15 novembre 2013
FXCM installe un moteur de négociation dans le datacentre IBX d'Equinix à Tokyo
Un fournisseur de services financiers majeur tire parti de la proximité avec les fournisseurs de liquidités et les plateformes d'échanges financiers
TOKYO, 15 novembre 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that FXCM Inc.(NYSE: FXCM), a leading online provider of foreign exchange (FX), trading and related services worldwide, has selected Equinix’s Tokyo-3 (TY3) International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center to deploy its second global matching engine. The expansion into Tokyo, a key regional hub for FX electronic trading in Asia, helps FXCM provide faster, high performance trading services for its customers in the region. FastMatch, a joint venture among FXCM, Credit Suisse Group AG and BNY Mellon, also plans to deploy its matching system for foreign exchange trading, in the same facility in early 2014.
Principaux faits de l'annonce
- At the end of the third quarter 2013, there were over 188,000 tradable accounts on platforms offered by FXCM. According to the Bank for International Settlements, Japan ranks in the top two foreign exchange hubs in Asia, with yen transactions jumping 63 percent between 2010 and 2013, the biggest increase in activity among major currencies.
- To address the continued growth of its customer base and FX trading volumes in Asia, FXCM chose Equinix for its highly secure and reliable data center services that enable its customers to trade at a faster execution speed. Building on the success and confidence of deploying in Equinix’s IBX data center in New York in 2009, FXCM has chosen to deploy another matching engine in TY3.
- Strategically located within Tokyo’s city center, TY3 offers FXCM the advantage of close proximity to major financial exchanges in Japan, as well as liquidity providers and institutional investors who are increasingly adopting cross-asset trading execution strategies, including FX. Close proximity combined with access to the broadest choice of networks in the region, and over 950 globally, enables FXCM to improve network latency by 95 percent, enhancing trading performance for its customers.
- FastMatch, système de correspondance pour le commerce de devises étrangères, prévoit de déployer un moteur de correspondance supplémentaire au sein du même site en 2014. En hébergeant son infrastructure au sein du datacentre TY3, FastMatch va permettre à ses clients d'accéder à des informations boursières et financières transparentes et en temps réel, ainsi qu'à un large éventail de liquidités, à une vitesse inégalée au Japon et dans le reste de la zone Asie-Pacifique.
- Kazunori Iida, managing director, FXCM Japan:
"The deployment of our global matching engine in one of Equinix’s IBX data centers in Tokyo is a strategic move for FXCM to further expand our business and market leadership in online FX trading. The proximity to liquidity providers and FX trading platforms inside Equinix’s financial ecosystem is critical for us to provide high-speed and reliable online trading for our customers in Asia Pacific. We’re pleased to announce that all of our Japan users with accounts are now live and trading on the Japan system."
- David Wilkinson, responsable des services financiers et d'entreprise pour la zone Asie-Pacifique chez Equinix :
"Over the years, we’ve witnessed huge demand for data center services in Japan driven by financial services companies, trading platforms and liquidity providers. TY3 offers extensive network choice and the ability to interconnect with a wide range of customers, business partners and service providers to support Equinix’s financial services customers. FXCM’s deployment of its second global matching engine demonstrates our strength in providing premium data center services and fortifies the global financial ecosystem inside Equinix."
FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide.
At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk forex trading. Clients benefit from FXCM’s large network of forex liquidity providers enabling FXCM to offer competitive spreads on major currency pairs. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. FXCM's U.K. subsidiary, Forex Capital Markets Limited, also offers CFD products with no re-quote trading and allows clients to trade oil, gold, silver and stock indices along with forex on one platform. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading and provides free news and market research through DailyFX.com
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,400 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.