13 novembre 2013
Equinix Introduces Solution Validation Centers Available in Eight Data Centers Globally
Innovative testing and validation program designed to help customers, partners and industry participants realize the value of Platform Equinix
REDWOOD CITY, CALIF. – November 13, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced it has established Solution Validation Centers in eight key markets around the world. The Solution Validation Center provides a demonstration and proof-of-concept testing environment that enables prospective and existing Equinix customers to assess and measure the performance of application platforms and new deployments from secure, highly connected and globally distributed International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center locations.
Principaux faits de l'annonce
- The Equinix Solution Validation Center is designed to facilitate the testing and adoption of new technologies, validate application readiness, and demonstrate system and solution performance advantages from Platform Equinix™ locations around the world.
- Solution Validation Center engagements are managed by Equinix global solutions architects, a team of technology experts who take a consultative approach to address customers' technology challenges, and recommend customized, reliable solutions, such as how to bridge network, data center and cloud infrastructures to accelerate business performance. With technical certifications and extensive hands-on experience, Equinix's team of more than 20 solutions architects is located in key markets around the globe to help prospective and existing customers solve their data center challenges.
- More than 25 engagements have been tested and validated inside Equinix Solution Validation Centers to date. In addition to offering proof-of-concept testing for customer deployments, the Solution Validation Center provides a platform for Equinix to showcase and validate the benefits of its solution offerings. Additionally, technology vendors can utilize the Solution Validation Center to prototype and deploy new technology in an environment that develops market and customer demand by solving for real-world problems at Internet scale.
- Equinix customers and technology partners including BlueBox, Box, Cloud Scaling, Desktone, McGraw-Hill, NetApp and Redapt have leveraged the Solution Validation Center to test and validate a wide range of deployments including:
- Private, public and hybrid cloud architectures using AWS
- WAN aggregation for more efficient network architectures
- NetApp Private Storage for AWS, which enables customers to take advantage of cloud services while retaining full control of their data; demo platforms are available for testing and validation by Equinix customers in the Singapore, Silicon Valley and Ashburn data centers
- A demo environment built on NetApp storage systems deployed across three geographically dispersed data centers, allowing customers to test Desktone solutions and validate the performance of desktop-as-a-service
- Bandwidth on demand SDN use cases with Ciena, Vello and Cyan
- Solution Validation Centers are now open in eight key markets around the world, including Amsterdam, Ashburn (Washington, D.C. metro), London, Miami, New York, Singapore, Silicon Valley and Sydney. Equinix plans to expand the Solution Validation Center to four additional locations in 2014.
- Brian Lillie, CIO, Equinix:
The Solution Validation Center offers a production data center environment for customers to test and validate their IT architectures. By engaging with a world-class team of solutions architects, as well as Equinix technology partners, customers and prospective customers alike can validate application readiness and demonstrate the performance advantages delivered by Platform Equinix.
- J. Scott Racz, director, technical operations, S&P Capital IQ, McGraw-Hill Financial:
The Solution Validation Center proof of concept we conducted helped us to further realize the benefits of a hybrid cloud architecture deployment using AWS at an Equinix IBX. It proved to be an invaluable tool to accelerate our cloud-enabled enterprise flexible IT efforts within the firm. More importantly the Equinix Global Solutions Architect team did an outstanding job in helping accelerate Capital IQ's goal to achieve success.
- Tom Shields, solution marketing manager, NetApp:
NetApp and Equinix provide our customers with the ability to leverage the infrastructure that connects the cloud and internal IT. The Equinix Solution Validation Center is an ideal environment to develop and test NetApp Private Storage for AWS service. We were able to significantly accelerate our time to market, and now our customers can experience and evaluate the solution first hand as a demo inside the Equinix SVC.
- Solution Validation Center blog post and video
- Solution Validation Center datasheet
- More about Solution Validation Center
- Inquire about a Solution Validation Center engagement
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,400 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world's most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.