9 mars 2015
Equinix Expands New York Campus with State-of-the-Art Facility
Increases interconnection capacity for the largest financial, media and enterprise companies
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. - March 9, 2015 - Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced an expansion of its presence in the New York market with the opening of its latest state-of-the-art data center. Known as NY6, the new data center is located at the Equinix campus in Secaucus, New Jersey, and will serve the world's biggest financial, media and enterprise companies. The new facility offers premium colocation services and is designed to meet enterprises' need for larger footprints and data-intensive applications deployed closer to the edge.
Last week Equinix announced that it will open five new International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers on four continents in the coming weeks to create more capacity for global companies to connect to their partners, customers and employees. By providing this increased capacity, Equinix expands its role in advancing the digital economy's interconnected era, in which businesses are demanding increasing levels of interconnection to accelerate business performance.
Principaux faits de l'annonce
- Equinix's new NY6 data center provides more than 16,000 square feet of colocation space and 720 cabinets with the opportunity to increase to 33,000 square feet and 1,440 cabinets in future phases. The $66M investment by Equinix is one of many new builds in its growing global platform of more than 100 data centers and provides customers additional latitude to scale, control and customize their large-scale deployments.
- With its New York data centers, Equinix has invested approximately $1B in the New York/New Jersey metro area since 1999. With the addition of NY6 at full build, Equinix's total footprint in this market will exceed 517,000 square feet of colocation space dispersed over eight facilities making the area one of Equinix's most network-dense locations, as well as one of the top international routes between North America and Europe.
- In the October, 2014 Forrester Research, Inc. report, "Strategically Locate Your Next Data Center," the firm analyzes the challenges that enterprises face when looking to reduce application latency, improve end-user experiences and service, and provide direct connectivity to cloud services. As a result, enterprises are increasingly turning to data center colocation environments for instant interconnection with partners, employees and customers, which are becoming essential to their ability to compete and succeed in the digital economy. Equinix's New York data centers have a high interconnection rate, with more than 18,000 interconnections between businesses in this metro alone.
- Equinix's New York data centers are the business hub for more than 750 media and financial services companies and large enterprises, with more than 145 cloud and network service providers in the largest metropolitan area in the country. These facilities also have a dense concentration of ad-tech companies directly connecting on the Equinix Ad-IX™ advertising exchange.
- Equinix is home to the largest collection of exchanges and trading platforms, top market vendors, and a myriad of service providers, and hundreds of buy-side and sell-side firms. Equinix's New York data centers serve many of the world's largest companies, including a high concentration of financial services companies with trading platforms by CBOE and BATS located in the area, as well as access nodes by NASDAQ OMX and NYSE.
- Enterprises looking to gain access to major cloud providers including Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform can do so via Equinix Cloud Exchange™. Available to customers in the New York metro area, Cloud Exchange provides enterprises secure, direct, flexible connections to a wide range of cloud service providers in 20 markets worldwide.
- Chris Isaacson, EVP, global CIO, BATS:
The Equinix Secaucus campus is a very strategic asset for our company, as it is home to a broad ecosystem of financial services firms, managed service providers, and global networks. Furthermore, our decision to move all of our U.S. markets to the Equinix Secaucus campus was based on the cost efficiencies that come from being able to connect to so many markets and member firms on this growing, interconnected campus.
- Karl Strohmeyer, president, Equinix Americas:
To stay competitive in the interconnected era, companies need to forge business advantage by collaborating with others via secure, reliable and instant connections. The rich interconnection capability available at our New York campus provides an opportunity for the world's leading businesses to connect with each other to maximize opportunities and accelerate business performance.
- Equinix Accelerates Interconnected Era with Global Launch of Five New Data Centers
- History of Interconnection - part 2
- Equinix Sees Continued Interest in Secaucus Data Centers
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq : EQIX) connecte les plus grandes entreprises internationales à leurs clients, employés et partenaires au sein des datacentres les plus interconnectés au monde. Dans 33 marchés sur cinq continents, Equinix se trouve là où les entreprises se réunissent pour créer de nouvelles opportunités et stimuler leur stratégie métier, informatique et cloud. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.