4 novembre 2013
Equinix Appoints Pete Hayes as Chief Sales Officer
REDWOOD CITY, CALIF. – November 4th, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has appointed Pete Hayes as chief sales officer (CSO). In this role, Hayes will directly lead the Global Accounts, Global Sales Operations and Commercial Solutions organizations and will be responsible for driving coordinated sales execution across regional sales teams worldwide. He will also play an important role in driving the next phase of company growth in the rapidly-evolving data center industry.
Principaux faits de l'annonce
- Hayes was previously executive vice president, Commercial Sales and Support at Frontier Communications representing over 50 percent of the revenue of the company and generating over $2B in revenue. He was responsible for leading a team of more than 1,400 that included direct sales, business call center, sales engineering, sales support, and sales operations.
- In 2005, Hayes was senior vice president, Sales, Marketing and Business Development at Frontier. In that role he developed 45 new products and started up three new business units, collectively generating incremental revenue of more than $500M. As a corporate officer and member of the seven-person senior leadership team Hayes was involved in all aspects of the business and interacted frequently with the board of directors.
- Prior to his positions at Frontier Communications, Hayes spent nearly 15 years with Microsoft where he held a number of positions. Most recently Hayes was vice president, Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) where he led a $1.7B business with more than 700 sales, services, marketing, programs, government relations and technical staff across 53 Microsoft subsidiaries. He also developed Microsoft’s worldwide strategy for enterprise customers and created Microsoft’s U.S. Public Sector business growing it from a $133M Federal business to a complete Public Sector business with revenue of $1.3B. Prior to Microsoft, Hayes worked at IBM in various sales, technical and management roles.
- Charles Meyers, COO, Equinix:
"Equinix is experiencing continued demand for premium data center services, in particular from customers who are deploying applications that require high performance, global reach, ecosystem access and mission critical reliability. Pete is a world-class sales and marketing executive with an impressive track record in building and developing high-impact organizations – we are thrilled to have Pete join Equinix and bring his talent to capturing the opportunity ahead of us."
- Pete Hayes, CSO, Equinix:
"As a high-growth, global company, Equinix has an incredible opportunity to capitalize on the trends fueling the data center industry. As chief sales officer, I look forward to leading the global sales teams and helping customers scale to meet the opportunities of the growing digital economy."
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,400 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.