25 novembre 2013
Equinix Appoints Karl Strohmeyer as President of the Americas
REDWOOD CITY, CALIF. – November 25, 2013 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has appointed Karl Strohmeyer as president of the Americas. In this role, Strohmeyer will be responsible for the management, strategy and growth plan for Equinix in the Americas, with P&L accountability for the region.
Principaux faits de l'annonce
- Strohmeyer joins Equinix from Level 3 Communications, where he was group vice president for the North American enterprise group. In this role he was responsible for building and overseeing a high-performing sales force of more than 1,200 generating approximately $2.5 billion in annual revenue. Prior to this role, Strohmeyer led the Global Carrier Channel for Level 3 and managed sales teams responsible for more than $1 billion in carrier and service provider revenue. During his 12-year tenure at Level 3, Strohmeyer held several executive positions, supervising commercial services and large deal teams, overseeing customer operations and client service, and managing strategic relationships with other companies, including channel partners.
- Prior to Level 3, Mr. Strohmeyer worked at NetRail, where he was first an executive vice president for operations—during which time he introduced four new products to market and was part of a team that raised $85 million in capital. Later at NetRail, he was an executive vice president for corporate development, helping manage the sale of the company.
- Before joining NetRail, Strohmeyer held various positions with BellSouth including business development manager, assistant market development manager and national accounts executive.
- Strohmeyer earned a Bachelor of Science in business administration from the University of New Hampshire and a master’s degree in international business administration from Mercer University.
- Steve Smith, CEO, Equinix:
"Karl has a proven track record in managing large scale organizations and has experience with both enterprise and service provider markets – important customer segments for Equinix. This experience combined with demonstrated results in driving high-performing sales teams make Karl an ideal fit for leading our business in the Americas."
- Karl Strohmeyer, president, Americas Equinix:
"Equinix is the market leader with particular strength in the network and financial services markets, with an enormous opportunity in cloud and the adoption of cloud services by the enterprise segment. In this new role I look forward to executing on these growth opportunities and delivering against customer demands in the Americas."
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,400 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.