11 avril 2013
CME Group choisit Equinix pour son hub CME Globex basé à Londres
Leading global exchange to open a European electronic trading hub in Equinix’s LD4/LD5 campus
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and LONDON — April 11, 2013 — Equinix Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that CME Group, the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, is establishing a European CME Globex hub inside Equinix’s London, Slough LD4/LD5 data center campus.
The CME Globex hub is scheduled to open in May 2013. Once completed, it will enable further alignment with the CME Group’s regional customers, while providing the company access to an expansive community of potential customers located inside Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers around the world.
Principaux faits de l'annonce
- Approximately 25 percent of CME Group’s electronic trading volume comes from outside the United States, primarily from the EMEA region. Locating the CME Globex hub at Equinix’s LD4/LD5 campus gives CME Group a significant advantage by placing its business within close proximity to Europe’s leading trading platforms and electronic trading customers.
- New market regulations across Europe are driving the movement of derivatives to trade on exchanges resulting in trade processing through central clearing houses and data being reported and housed in trade repositories. Over the past few years, Equinix has built a cross-asset class business which is well-positioned to meet the demands of the evolving algorithmic trading market and its growth into additional asset classes such as FX and derivatives.
- CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. The group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago.
- Customers interested in connecting to the CME Globex hub simply need to either, acquire space in Equinix’s LD4/LD5 campus and cross-connect to the platform or lease a line.
- William Knottenbelt, managing director EMEA, CME Group:
“We continue to see growing demand from our customers based throughout Europe for our product offerings, which means that we also need to focus on building our infrastructure and technology capabilities in the region. By opening this new hub with Equinix, we are helping our customers achieve better cost and technology management efficiencies with the added benefit of accelerated access to our markets.”
- Stewart Orrell, managing director of Global Financial Services, Equinix:
“In today’s evolving market, exchanges want to reach the largest trading community with the lowest infrastructure costs, using data centers already well-populated with their target customers. Equinix is the only network-neutral data center provider that’s able to meet these needs globally, and CME Group will be a uniquely powerful addition to the thriving financial ecosystem inside Equinix.”
À propos d'Equinix
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.